Pictured above are the Take Stock in Children recipients at the recent Signing Event held at Chuck Rushe Middle School.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pasco Education Foundation
“Take Stock in Children announces
2017-2018 Scholarship Recipients”
Pasco County, FL – July 5, 2017 — Take Stock in Children, a program with the Pasco Education Foundation is proud to award 25 Pasco County middle and high school students the opportunity of receiving a college tuition-paid scholarship. Sponsors of this year’s recipients included ChairScholar’s Foundation, Greater Pasco Chamber of Commerce/Ambassador’s Club, Mr. & Mrs. Michael Avadikian, Ronald McDonald House Charities and the Tampa Bay Rays/Helios Foundations along with many individuals. Donations were matched dollar-for-dollar by the Florida Prepaid College Foundation.
A Signing Event was held for the new scholars confirming their multi-year commitment to the Take Stock in Children program by maintaining good grades, attendance, behavior while remaining drug and crime-free. Recipients are chosen in grades 8 through 10 with 95% being first in their families to attend college.
The following students are provided with tuition for up to four years of college. Each student has met income eligibility requirements provided by the State of Florida.
- Jessica Almaraz Lopez (Zephyrhills HS)
- Maria Almaraz Lopez (Zephyrhills HS)
- Ashley Alzate Perez ( JW Mitchell HS)
- Alyssa Brewer (Pace Center for Girls)
- Yanira Catalan (Pasco MS)
- Angelina Cooper ( Gulf HS)
- Deborah Dellaporte (River Ridge HS)
- Kaylee Edwards ( Seven Springs MS)
- Tomi Gunning ( Sunlake HS)
- Za'Vianna Hudgins ( RB Stewart MS)
- Ashleigh Jackson ( Pasco HS)
- La' Dainian Johnson ( Centennial MS)
- Riannah Kellogg ( Hudson MS)
- Alexus Kennedy ( Pasco HS)
- Ethan Kirberger ( Gulf HS)
- Sydney Kirby ( Gulf HS)
- Sotiris Konstas ( Paul R Smith MS)
- Andy Laguna-Aponte ( Seven Springs MS)
- Jaquesta Lovering Pinaud (River Ridge HS)
- Angelina Mitchell ( Crews Lake MS)
- Christopher Molodecki-Perez ( Chasco MS)
- April Nolberto ( Sunlake HS)
- Zacarvia Richardson ( Ridgewood HS)
- Ilan Robinson ( Sunlake HS)
- Jorge Rodriguez (Charles Rushe MS)
It is a state requirement that each of these Take Stock in Children scholars is matched with a mentor. To learn more about the mentor program, call 813 794-2134 or firstname.lastname@example.org
With the addition of these students, Take Stock in Children has provided more than 650 eligible Pasco County students with a college education.
ABOUT TAKE STOCK IN CHILDREN: With the lead agency of the Pasco Education Foundation and partnered with Pasco County Schools, Take Stock in Children is an award-winning program that provides scholarships, mentors, and hope for a better future to Florida's most deserving children. In addition to financial assistance, recipients are provided with a mentor, a college readiness coach along with college & career readiness services.
TSIC has a 96% success rate (compared to 57% of those in same demographics not in TSIC program!) AND 100% of those will be continuing their education.
96% of the TSIC Pasco scholars are first in their families to attend college
100% of the donations collected at TSIC are used for scholarships & student services
100% of the donations for scholarships are matched
Take Stock in Children is Florida’s #1 mentor program